Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fourth of July

We had so much fun for the Fourth this year. We had my family over along with some of our neighbors and their kids. The kids played in the kiddie pool and squirted each other with guns and they also got to set off some daytime fireworks (well they watched while the adults lit!). Dinner was yummy barbeque chicken and grilled corn-on-the-cob with lots of other sides. We made homemade rootbeer and had it with homemade ice cream. It was DELICIOUS! It's also a lot of fun to make rootbeer. We topped all the fun off with the lighting of fireworks when it got dark (about 10 pm here). Fireworks were illegal in Arizona where I grew up, so setting off our own fireworks was a new thing for me last year after we moved here. Boy is it FUN! I'm already looking forward to the celebration next year. I sure am proud to be an American!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers