Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Quilt for Granny

At Thanksgiving, my family draws names for Christmas. It has made holiday shopping a lot simpler when you're shopping for one instead of six! I drew my Granny this year. It's hard to pick something for a 91 year old. I decided to make a wall hanging to coordinate with the quilt she made that is on her bed. This was my first attempt at quilting in six or seven years, and I didn't have my quilting friend, Michelle, from Flagstaff to help me! It was an Amish Star quilt pattern. I had fun making it, but I definitely need lots more practice. Quilting is such an exact art and I seem to be disabled when it comes to cutting straight! It started out OK, but as I added more and more to it, it got more crooked! My sister is a little more experienced quilter than I, and tried to help me correct it, but it was beyond repair as far as making it straight. Anyways, I finished it and, of course, Granny loved it and claimed that she couldn't see any imperfections in it! I want to take a beginning quilting class so that I can learn how to cut and bind properly. Hopefully the next project I post will be more accurate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers