Saturday, August 22, 2009

Summer Reflection

It's hard to believe that another summer has passed. We definitely made the most of it this year. The last two summers we felt were wasted because we moved in '07 and I was late in my pregnancy in '08 and we couldn't travel. Needless to say, Gordon and I tried to make up for lost time. I did teach the first three weeks of summer. It was fun and I was able to get my foot back in the door after having taken last year off to be with the boys. We went up to Sun Valley and Redfish Lake three times. It is incredibly beautiful there and I encourage everyone to try to visit sometime!


We explored a lot of the nearby lakes and fishing ponds with the boys. They really love to fish.

We had fun-filled 4th of July that included BBQing with our friends and family and lighting lots of fireworks.
We went camping at Lake Cleveland in the mountains to the south of us.

We had an awesome week long trip to the Black Hills of South Dakota to see Gordon's family. It also included a visit to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone.

We finished it off today with a car show where the boys got to meet Spiderman and eat free ice cream. We then went to a swimming party with the people that Gordon teaches with.

I wish I could have accomplished more of my projects around the house, but I'd rather be outside having fun with my family. The winters are long, cold and dark here, so we have to make the most of the good weather! I feel recharged and ready to take on a new school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers